The sight of the pool contractor’s truck at the neighbor’s house made you smile last fall. The thought of having a good friend and neighbor with a pool in their backyard, in fact, has you looking forward to next summer and the potential pool parties that they will host.
The sight of the pool contractor’s truck at the neighbor’s house once the early snow happened, however, makes you laugh.
In an effort to make sure that the pool will indeed be up and ready to go when the spring arrives, the landscape contractors and pool contractor have been working over time. The unexpected three inches of snow in late October and the below freezing streak of days in November have created quite the challenge. Every day when Mother Nature cooperates and the temperatures climb close to the 40s the workers are in the neighbor’s backyard and scrambling to finish their task.
Landscape Designers and Pool Contractors Can Combine to Create Beautiful Backyards
As more and more people look for ways to add both function and value to their homes, there are a growing number of pool contractors who are working to create the ultimate home experience. From traditional pools to salt water infinity pools systems to lap pools and natural rock diving spots, there are any number of ways that a property owner can change the entire look of their backyard. And in a time when pool maintenance is getting easier, it is important to know that you can enjoy your own backyard entertainment without having to spend hours a week making sure that it is clean and working efficiently.
Although inground pool installation is not a practical option in all parts of the country, it is important to know that as the industry continues to expand, there are more and more property owners investing in these options. And if the window for using these pools is shorter in some parts of the country, so, too, are the number of days that are available for the installations. For this reason it is in your best interest to work with pool designers and contractors as early as possible so that your backyard oasis will be ready when you need it.
Consider some of these statistics about the pool and landscaping industry and the impact that they have not only on individual property owners, but the economy and health of the nation as well:
- The latest economic real estate research indicates that home owners who install outdoor fire pits enjoy a 78% return on investment.
- Swimming is rated as the fourth most popular activity or sport in America, and a growing number of home owners want to have this as an option in their own backyards.
- Offering a sizable palette to landscapers and pool designers alike, front and back lawns in the U.S. collectively contain nearly 21 million acres of grass.
- The landscaping services industry in the U.S. has grown by 5.8% to reach revenue of $93 billion in the year 2018.
- The landscaping services industry in the U.S. has increased its number of businesses by 1.9%.
- The number of employees working in U.S. landscaping industry has grown 3.2% over the last five years.
- Overall, the deck and patio construction industry has grown by 5.4% to reach revenue of $740 million in the year 2017 alone. In the same timeframe, the number of businesses has declined by -0.9% and the number of employees has grown by 1.2%.
What are your plans for next summer? If you are hoping to embark on a major landscaping project or to add a backyard pool to your property, now is the time to make sure that you are working with the most experienced landscapers and pool contractors so that once Mother Nature cooperates you are ready. A backyard pool can increase the amount of time that your own children are at home, encourage your children’s friends to hang out at your home, and promote overall fitness for your entire family. Add in a well landscaped backyard and you will have an oasis that will allow you to entertain both friends and family, as well as create a quiet respite for just you and your spouse. What are you waiting for?