From a pontoon boat rental to jet ski activities and from going to sleep with the sound of the ocean to waking up to a sunrise over the water, this holiday vacation has been a success. So much so that everyone is in agreement that gifting experiences rather than things is going to be the new family tradition.
In a time when the holidays can seem too much about standing in lines and waiting to purchase the latest toy or fancy electronic gadget, more and more families are looking for ways to make sure that they are getting back to the real reason for the season. Spending time with the people who you love the most and relaxing enough to remember the ultimate gift that Christmas is about is an even more important priority as children grow older. Knowing that you are going to go to sleep in the same space with the people you love the most and also knowing that you can make breakfasts together is a great way to make sure that your children and grandchildren are part of lasting holiday memories.
Warm Weather Trips Are Popular Holiday Options
Whether your family enjoys fishing on a boat rental or enjoying time relaxing in the sun, there are many times when a trip to a popular water resort is a great option. You can select from all inclusive locations that come with wakeborading lessons and scenic boat rental tours or you can find a secluded location where you have to travel an hour to a full service marina. Either way you are likely going to come away from a holiday of family memories that will last a lifetime.
People often think about boat rentals and water sports in the summer time, but the fact of the matter is there are also many times when a trip to the ocean, the lake, or a large resort can happen in the winter as well. Selecting your spot carefully, in fact, allows you to escape the cold and snow back home and remind yourself what the summer time temperatures are all about.
Fortunately, if you fell into the trap of another year of opening gifts and picking up wrapping paper this year, you have time now to start making different kinds fo plans for the first Christmas of the New Decade. Starting the year 2020 with a clearer vision of what family. time can really mean, now is the perfect time to start making your plans for a different kind of holiday experience next December.
By coordinating calendars and saving up for the trip, you can even make sure that you book your waterside getaway as soon as possible. By getting the whole family to commit to a different kind of experience next year, you can set a tone for the New Decade that just may become a favorite tradition.
Consider some of these reasons why a vacation near the water is a great option anytime of the year:
- More than 87 million U.S. adults participate in recreational boating, and more and more people are discovering of enjoying these activities not just during the hottest days of the summer but other times as well.
- Although you had to stand up to ride the first jet skis, that is no longer the case. In fact, advances in the 1980s changed the way these water vehicles were designed and now they are more easily managed by a wider range of people.
- For instance, jet skis can accommodate one to four adults depending on the model, and the latest motor sizes can allow the craft to reach high speeds between 15 and 60 miles per hour.
- There were approximately 2.91 million U.S. participants in wakeboarding in the year 2016, and there are many indications that number is continuing to increase.
- Understanidng the equipment that is needed for various kinds of water sports is important. For instance, wakeboarding ropes are usually longer than wakesurfing ropes, as the ideal wakeboard rope is between 52 and 78 feet.
- As many as 19.6% of Millennials participate in water sports, so it should come as no surprise that this is an option that is gaining in popularity.
Are you already making plans for your next Christmas experience?