November 28, 2022

Culture Forum

Free Internet News

Spread the love

Do you know that around 20% of Americans use septic tanks to dispose of their sewage? Municipal water-treatment plants serve the other 80%. You are almost guaranteed of a foul smell whenever something is not right with your septic tank. The odor from the septic system is a clear indicator that it is high time to seek the help of a septic tank repair Greensburg expert. From damaged vents to tank leakage, and anything in between, various septic tank issues result in unwanted odor. Read on to learn a tad more.

Overfilled Septic Tank

An over-filled septic tank is the commonest culprit behind septic tanks emitting odors. The best way to put an end to overflow issues is immediately calling septic system pumping experts. Such professionals have the needed skill set that will help determine whether the septic system is simply over-full or needs septic tank repair. Should the latter be the case, they will bring in a trained workforce to pump it out for you. In most cases, depending on the number of persons using it, a septic system needs to be pumped after every 1 to 3 years.

Damaged Septic Tank Vent

A broken septic tank vent, as well as improperly covered or sealed tank, is yet another problem that may cause odor emission from your septic tank. As you are perhaps aware, a septic system serving any household needs to be equipped with roof vents as a way of balancing the pressure. The vents play a key role when it comes to stopping the gurgling, weird water flow noises coming from sinks and toilets. If you hear the gurgling sounds, that should be a crystal clear message that there is likely to be an issue with the septic system’s pressure.

Ensure that you check out if the septic vent has any damages, but should this be an arduous task, hiring an expert to do the same will be a step in the right direction. In case the odor doesn’t die out after having the vents cleaned, filters should be the next course of action. Installation of vent filters is a rather easy task, and you will be happy to hear that they are likely available at a hardware shop near you. The filters come with activated carbon which is highly effective in terms of wiping out air odor.

Drain Field Problem

If the issue is not an overfilled septic tank or damaged septic tank vents, and the odor is still persistent, the problem could be emanating from the draining field. This can be a costly issue to solve. If you are suspecting that there is a problem with the draining field, a septic tank inspector will help you figure out whether it is healthy or otherwise.

All in all, septic tank repair is not something to brush off in the face of septic tank odors. Odors are simply a sign to tell you that things are not right. Ignoring odors invites the risk of making the problem escalate from bad to worse, and this might mean paying top dollar for serious septic tank repairs. Wastage and odor leakage pose a health risk for you and your dear ones as well as the environment. What is more, there is the danger of untreated waste, finding its way to drinking water reserves, and this can result in a life-threatening disease outbreak. All these are constant reminders that septic tank matters are never to be taken lightly.

Most septic tank repair tasks don’t fit in the DIY category, but the good news is that there are septic tank repair Greensburg professionals that are always willing to help. All you need to do is reach out to them, and the problem will be solved in the shortest time possible.

Septic Tank Maintenance Tips

Establishing an inspection and septic tank pumping routine keeps the tank in proper working condition by preventing backups. If you have a kitchen garbage grinder installed, annual pumping is a good idea given that ground waste like meat scraps, bone, and vegetable cellulose won’t dissolve in the tank. Also, installing an outlet filter will prevent clogging caused by lightweight, floating particles such as
hair.