We are in a time when people are often in consumer mode. We buy more clothes than we can possibly wear; we purchase more craft projects than we could ever complete in a lifetime; and we have furniture pieces that are no longer being used. As a result, our nation is also a place where self storage units are in high demand. In fact, in many places in the country there are enormous self storage warehouses where both individuals and companies can keep their extra items that are not being used.
Storage solutions have expanded some much in the last few decades that there are now facilities that allow for 24 hour access, as well as climate controlled spaces that are perfect for a number of purposes. There are also spaces that provide for drive in and covered storage of classic cars and boats.
Self Storage Units Offer Perfect Solutions for Many Families and Businesses in Transition
Finding a storage solution to all of the items that we collect can be a challenge. For families that have to temporarily move items into a storage space while they are transitioning into a new home, a climate controlled storage unit might be the perfect solution. Consider these facts and figures about the many ways that storage facilities help both businesses and individuals deal with both long and short term needs:
- Storage units with drive up access are convenient for loading and unloading belongings without walking up stairs or long distances.
- When you are considering your options, it is important to know that professional storage units should be clean, secure, and offer access to their units seven days a week.
- It is important to make sure to inspect the inside of a storage unit to be certain that it is clean and dry for belongings before renting a storage unit.
- Professional auto storage units provide space for an individual to store summer vehicles and motorcycles during the winter months to avoid weather related damage.
- The storage unit industry in America generates as much as $22 billion in revenue every year.
- There are currently an estimated 2.3 billion square feet of ready to rent storage space located in the U.S.
In this time of what can seem like non stop consumerism, it is important to make sure that you have an options for offsite storage for the items that you do not need on a daily basis.