The need for roof repair isn’t something that should be dismissed. Also, recognizing the signs that indicate your roof needs repair can prevent costly damage and ensure your home stays safe and dry.
1. Leaks and Water Damage: The most obvious sign of a roof issue is a leak. Take action if you notice water stains on your ceiling or walls.
2. Missing or Damaged Shingles: Inspect your roof for missing, cracked, or curling shingles.
3. Granule Loss: Check your gutters or the ground around your home for an excessive amount of granules from your shingles. Granule loss indicates shingle wear and potential vulnerability to water damage.
4. Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging or uneven roof deck is a severe issue that requires immediate attention. It can signify structural problems or damage to the roof’s support system.
5. Algae or Moss Growth: Algae, moss, or lichen growth on your roof can lead to moisture retention and premature shingle deterioration. Cleaning and repair are necessary to prevent further damage.
6. Age of the Roof: Roofs have a finite lifespan. If your roof is approaching the end of its expected lifespan, it’s wise to schedule an inspection and consider necessary repairs or replacement.
7. Damaged Flashing: Damaged or missing flashing can allow water to enter your home.
8. Visible Roof Rot: If you see any signs of rot or decay on your roof, it’s a clear indication that the underlying structure is compromised and needs roof repair.