Even in a time when it seems like digital media is taking the world by storm, it is important to realize that there is a still a physical side of the world where we live. From the structural pipe piling that is used in many road construction projects to the cold rolled steel sheets that are part of manufacturing plants, steel suppliers offer essential products to our lives as well. In a time when there is so much promotion on science, technology, engineering, and math, it is still important to know that there are many times when more traditional jobs, materials, and tasks are also needed. Did you know, for instance, that in the year 2017 alone, the U.S. produced up to 82 million metric tons of steel? As one of the leading producers of all the steel in the world, it is important to know that the infrastructure of this country, as well as the houses we live in, are dependent on this strong and versatile product.
With the use of cold rolled steel sheets, many industries are able to use this material in new and inventive ways. There are many times, for instance, when the use of a thicker steel would not be possible. With the use of cold rolled steel sheets there are many times when the most challenging situations can be solved.
Uses for Cold Rolled Steel Sheets Continue to Expand in Many Industries
From the uses of rolled steel in auto manufacturing plants to the use of the same materials in smaller products, it is important to make sure the world has as many skilled steel workers as they do STEM talent. For every worker in the STEM field, in fact, there needs to be an entire team that needs to bring the latest ideas to fruition. From creation of the latest kinds of automobiles to the newest kinds of desk designs, there are many times when the solution is found in steel.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest uses of steel and the impact that STEEL PRODUCTS have on the everyday items that we use, as well as the economy of the entire world:
- Steel is the most recycled material on Earth with up to 90% of recycled content, so it can be comforting to know that the materials that are used today in a new office was used in another building before and that it will be used again when this purpose is over.
- The 1920s are considered the height of the American steel industry’s success. At that time the U.S. was producing 40% of the world’s steel and iron.
- Eestimates from February 2018 indicate that the production of raw steel in the U.S. was up to 1,751,000 net.
- Excavation sheet piling is used in a number of projects and construction sites.
- Learning to use the oldest of materials in new and improved ways, it is important to make sure that our world continues to add to the advancements we use in the way we construct our world.
- Proving how important this industry is to the economy of this nation, the U.S. is one of the top steel-producing industries in the world and employs more than 142,000 people.
- Rresearch indicates that as many as 43% of all American steel shipments in the year 2016 were made to the construction industry.
- Our country has many people who want to make sure that there are plans in place to lessen the carbon footprints of the buildings that we construct, as well as the cars that we drive. For this reason, it is encouraging that stainless steel is a material is more easily recycled and reused than many other kinds of materials.
- Data from February of 2018 indicates that the capability utilization rate of American raw steel was 75.1%.
- Uses of steel continue to expand in a number of different industries.
- Carbon steel has a tensile strength, defined as the resistance of a material to breaking under tension, of 580 megapascals (Mpa) and a yield strength of 260 Mpa.
- The world produced more than 1,600 million tonnes of steel in the year 2016 alone.
- Stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, and copper are four of the most common types of metal used in the U.S. construction industry today.