You can never be too careful these days whether it’s locking your doors or securing your valuables. The same can be said for protecting sensitive information. As more and more news stories pop up about data breaches and identity theft, companies are on the hook more than ever for securing their clients’ information. In 2017 alone, more than 16 million people were victims of identity theft.
If a company deals with a lot of sensitive information—let’s say a bank example—one of the best ways it can protect itself is by disposing of information via secure paper shredding. Top executives from a litany of companies have indicated that securing sensitive information is one of the most important aspects of their business. That can happen with secure paper shredding.
What benefits can a company gain with paper shredding? Actually, quite a few:
- Peace of mind: Simply put, using paper shredders helps put businesses and their customers at ease. Customers want to know their information is secure and thankfully, paper shredders allow customers and businesses to have peace of mind about it.
- Following the law: Confidential documents like salary details, addresses and even medical records are actually required by law to be properly disposed of. The Data Protection Act requires companies to properly dispose of information to keep confidential data confidential.
- Happy employees: Many businesses deal with a lot of paper every single day and it can pile up quickly. You want to not only protect confidential information, but you also don’t want information leaking out, say from upper management, that lower level employees aren’t supposed to see.
- Saving time: If your company deals with a lot of paper, you’re dealing with a lot of confidential information. That means there’s a lot of documents to shred at the end of the day or the end of the month. Rather than wasting time cutting and ripping documents by hand, paper shredders can save lots of time, money and frustration.
- Helping the environment: Not only does document disposal protect confidential information, it’s also good for the environment. Rather than dumping company memos and newsletters and other paper into a landfill where it will take a while to break down, companies can use paper shredders. These shredders can dispose of documents in a more eco-friendly way. Make no mistake: even as the world becomes more and more paperless, companies still need paper to conduct everyday business.
- Trust: By using an office shredder or by going through a shredding company, companies can maintain a strong and unbreakable level of trust with their customers. The last thing customers want is for important information to fall into the wrong ends or for their identities to be stolen.
- Clean disposal: If paper is a large part of how your company does business, odds are pretty good that you’ve got trays and drawers and filing cabinets filled with records which may otherwise be old and outdated. Thankfully, secure paper shredding can very easily and very quickly help companies like banks cut back on clutter. Imagine having an entire cabinet of documents disposed of in a matter of minutes by a shredder. This helps companies determine which records need to be kept and what to get rid of.
As you can see, there are many benefits secure paper shredding provides to companies with lots of documents to dispose of. With high security paper shredders, companies can protect themselves from theft or breaches, maintain trust with customers and easily eliminate clutter around the office.
If you’re looking for a reputable paper shredding company, look no further than Level 6 Shredders. By going with Level 6 Shredders, companies will get to work with a business that comes to your location and will dispose of all your optical, paper and hard drive waste. Level 6 Shredders promises to shred while you watch and by going with Level 6 Shredders, you’ll get rid of all your information securely and confidentially.